Private/Alternative Self Certification form
Responsibilities of the borrower
To receive private education loan funds, the borrower must submit a self-certification form to the lender. Do not submit the form to Williamson College.
Be sure to contact the lender to inquire about any additional requirements that may be needed before your loan funds can be disbursed.
Private loans are not guaranteed by the federal government.
How to complete the Self Certification form
- Print a hard copy of the Private Education Loan Applicant Self-Certification form or obtain a copy from your lender.
- Contact the WC Financial Aid Office to assist you with amount to enter in Section 2, Item A, “Student’s cost of attendance for the period of enrollment covered by the loan:”
- Determine the amount to enter in Section 2, Item B, “Estimated financial assistance:” Your eligibility for a private loan award is the difference between the cost of attendance and the financial assistance awarded.
- If you have no financial assistance and/or no additional outside resources, report $0.
- Determine the amount to report in Section 2, Item C by subtracting Section 2, Item B from Section 2, Item A.
- Complete Sections 3 and 4 and submit the form to the lender.