VA Education Benefits
Williamson College complies with Executive Order 13607 establishing Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Serving Service Members.
We welcome and honor our military (active duty/reserve), veterans and their dependents. Williamson College is approved to certify students eligible for educational assistance from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
If you will be receiving VA Educational Benefits while attending Williamson, we will help you navigate the process. Questions regarding VA educational benefits should be directed to the VA school certifying official in the Financial Aid Office 615-550-3170.
- Apply for Admissions with Williamson College.
- After being officially admitted, use the Vets system and submit your application with the VA when you begin classes or call 888-442-4551 and ask that an application be mailed to you.
- Disabled veterans can apply for Vocational Rehabilitation here.
- All students who are eligible for military educational assistance must contact the VA school certifying official in the Financial Aid Office. email@example.com
- Apply for Federal Financial Aid. Once eligibility for federal aid is determined, you will be emailed a College Financing Plan to review. You have the right to decline or reduce any of the federal assistance you’ve been awarded.
1. Keep your address and direct deposit information current with VA.
2. Register and utilize eBenefits to assist in:
- Obtaining up to date information on your educational entitlement
- Updating your Direct Deposit and personal contact information
- Downloading VA letters and personal documents
- Viewing current status of your payments (both for education and disability)
3. Report any/all enrollment changes to the Financial Aid Office
Students receiving benefits under Chapter 30, 1606 and 1607 must also verify enrollment monthly using the Web Automated Verification Enrollment (WAVE) system. (IE Compatible only)
You may be eligible for several VA education and training benefits. Use the VA Benefits Comparison Chart before applying for the G.I. Bill®*.
Visit the GI Bill® Comparison Tool , Veterans and dependents need to feel they have made the best possible decision in choosing the right school
Williamson College's Net Price Calculator intended to provide estimated net price information (defined as estimated cost of attendance — including tuition and required fees, books and supplies, room and board (meals), and other related expenses — minus estimated grant and scholarship aid) to current and prospective students and their families based on what similar students paid in a previous year.
The College Scorecard is a planning tool and resource to assist prospective students and their families as they evaluate options in selecting a school.
The College Navigator is a consumer tool that provides school information to include tuition and fees, retention and graduation rates, use of financial aid, student loan default rates and features a cost calculator and school comparison tool.
The “Paying for College” webpage can be used prospective students to enter the names of up to three schools and receive detailed financial information on each one and to enter actual financial aid award information.
Peruse the VA’s website for more information on the federal education and training benefits for our military.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau website was created to protect consumers from unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices and take action against companies that break the law. Their work includes taking consumer complaints and rooting out unfair and deceptive acts and enforcing the law.
In order to comply with the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA), Williamson College is required to provide certain Consumer Information which includes:
- Types of Federal aid
- Types of Institution Aid
Please see Williamson College’s Cohort Default Rate for the Federal Direct Loan program and how it compares to the national average. (Williamson College OPE ID - 03513500
- Scholarships for Military Families
- Imagine America Foundation –Military Award Program
- MilitaryScholar.org – Scholarships for children of military members
- Army Women’s Foundation-Legacy Scholarship
- United States Coast Guard – Coast Guard Exchange (CGX) Scholarship Program – The Program provides scholarship to students who are dependents of Coast Guard active duty, reserve, and military retired members, current civilian NAF and APF employees, and current Coast Guard Auxiliarists.
- Navy Marine Corps Relief Society Education Assistance
*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site.