The Ministry Leadership major is intended to provide students with skills and a background in leadership and how they should be applied in a ministry or other Christian activities. Ministry is defined broadly to refer to any situation in which Christians are worshipping, evangelizing, serving or studying aspects of the Christian faith. Ministry Leadership will be presented in the broad context of human knowledge and experience. As a result, both secular and Christian sources will be studied along with case studies and examples of leadership historically and currently in our society. As in all majors at Williamson College, students study Biblical Worldview, examining the role of general and special revelation, and looking at God at work in the modern world. A Christian worldview provides a deeper understanding of the opportunities and challenges in Ministry Leadership areas. The final course in the sequence, CM 489 Ministry Leadership Capstone (3 credit hours), is unique to Williamson College. This course is designed to help students consolidate the academic content of the program and to finalize their student portfolios prior to their graduation.
This degree requires completion of 122 credit hours.
- Biblical Knowledge: The ability to articulate the basic tenets of the Christian faith.
- Biblical Understanding: A working knowledge of biblical truths that can be used in both personal and professional situations.
- Transformation: An ability to apply truth to your spiritual formation and ministry.
- Worldview: An understanding of how a biblical worldview shapes one’s life and ministry.
- Communication: An ability to communicate biblical truth and concepts of leadership.
- Leadership: Knowledge of biblical principles of leadership and management.
The coursework is divided up as follows:
General Education Courses: 44 Credit Hours
Major Courses: 57 Credit Hours
Electives: 21 Credit Hours
Under Ministry Leadership students have the option of adding a concentration:
- Worship Studies
Contact us to learn more and request scholarship information