Williamson College invites applications from students who will contribute to, as well as benefit from, the educational process offered by the College. Each applicant is evaluated on an individual basis in regards to academic preparation and potential. Prospective students are encouraged to visit the College to learn more about specific degree programs and our unique educational environment.
Applications are accepted on a rolling, continual basis for all programs and for individual classes for personal enrichment. Applicants who meet the criteria necessary for admission will be notified in writing. Applicants who do not meet the criteria and are not approved for admittance will also be notified in writing. All students must provide their own laptop computer.
Certificate Program (FOR CREDIT) Student Requirements:
- Complete the Undergraduate Application and forms by clicking here.
- Submit a $50 nonrefundable application fee by clicking here or make checks or money orders payable to Williamson College.
- Submit an admissions essay, specifics found by clicking here.
- Request that official transcripts be forwarded directly to the Office of Admissions from each college or university attended. If applicant has not attended college previously, an official high school transcript confirming graduation will be required. (Please note: Any applicant who fails to acknowledge prior attendance at any college or university will be subject to dismissal from Williamson College.
- Submit an official ACT report with a minimum composite score of 18 or an official SAT report with a minimum composite score of 890; this requirement is optional for students over 21 years of age. The ACT code for Williamson College is 4034. Copies of ACT scores may be ordered by calling (319) 337-1313 or online at actstudent.org/scores. SAT scores may be ordered online at http://sat.collegeboard.org/scores . The SAT code for WC is 7388. ACT/SAT scores on an official high school transcript are acceptable.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. For applicants who cannot demonstrate a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 an ASSET exam will be administered by Williamson College. Applicants must pass exam with a satisfactory score.
- Applicants who did not graduate from high school must present proof of high school equivalency; General Educational Development (GED) documentation indicating a minimum composite score of 45 may be submitted.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.