Special Provision for the Talented/Gifted High School Students:
High school students in grades 9 through 12 who are academically talented/gifted, may qualify for enrollment at Williamson College under Chapter 395 of the Public Acts of 1983 as follows: “Academically talented/gifted students enrolled in grades 9, 10, 11, or 12 in public or private schools in Tennessee may with the recommendation and approval of the high school principal and appropriate higher education institution personnel, enroll and receive regular college degree credit from a Tennessee post-secondary institution if such a student has a grade point average equivalent to 3.2 on a 4.0 maximum basis and if such placement is a part of the student’s planned Individual Educational Program (IEP) as established by the multi-disciplinary team process.”
Academically talented/gifted student requirements:
- Complete the Undergraduate Application and forms by clicking here.
- Submit an admissions essay, specifics found by clicking here.
- Submit a $50 nonrefundable application fee by clicking here or make checks or money orders payable to Williamson College.
- Request official high school transcripts be forwarded directly from the high school to the Office of Admissions.
- Submit a signed letter of consent from student’s parent/legal guardian.
- Submit a signed letter of recommendation or consent from high school principal which includes verification that coursework at Williamson College is required as part of the student’s IEP.