Essential Strategies for Doing Business in China:
Williamson College is excited to announce the beginning of a new program and certification called “Essential Strategies for Doing Business with China.” This 8-week course is going to be led by one of Williamson College’s Masters of Arts in Organizational Leadership graduates, David Carley, and he will be joined by exceptional guest speakers. This course attempts to bridge the gap when doing business with China and to teach both cultural and business skills that are necessary when communicating with another country.
Opportunity in the Cultural Divide
It’s easy to go down the street to the local bank and conduct business. The same is so with your customers and vendors. But, what if that business partner were on the other side of the world? As one of the fastest growing world economies, China presents a wealth of opportunities for U.S. businesses. But with those opportunities come challenges. There are differences in politics and culture, not to mention the language barrier. But there is no reason to miss out on what could be the best next move for your company.
- Cultural intelligence and why it is important
- Important tips for clear written communication
- Basic greetings and helpful questions and phrases in Mandarin
- Proper etiquette at a Chinese dinner (and the proper use of chopsticks!)
- How 70 years of Communism has affected Chinese thinking
- Key points in Chinese history that affect today’s culture
- How Power Distance relationships differ in China and the U.S.
- The importance of WeChat in China and how to set up an account
- Understanding the Honor/Shame culture when working with Chinese friends
- Nuances of scheduling and time management
This 8-Week program begins on September 24th, 2018 and will be conducted on Monday evenings from 6:30pm-8:30pm, ending on November 12th.
The total cost is $800.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or see this FLYER for more details.